Archival Pedagogy as regards Forming Value Orientations of the Younger Generation: Schools and Universities

Print PDF

УДК 94(47)+930.253

DOI 10.28995/2073-0101-2018-1-285-293

Victor V. Novokreshchennykh

Municipal Archive of Perm, Perm, Russian Federation

Irina A. Novokreshchennykh

Perm State University, Perm, Russian Federation

Archival Pedagogy as regards Forming Value Orientations of the Younger Generation: Schools and Universities

Abstract

The article studies cooperation between archives and educational institutions in forming value orientation of the growing generation. The archival pedagogy is a young branch of pedagogy formed at the intersection of history, pedagogy, and allied disciplines, such as museology, archival hermeneutics, and local history. Currently, it actively penetrates archives’ activities. The article is to study and to identify means of such cooperation in a case-study of the work of the Municipal Archive of Perm with schools and universities. The novelty of study springs from materials on archival pedagogy. The authors look beyond local history and patriotism, and explore issues of Perm culture connected with preservation of the cultural heritage of the region. Perm art and science, as presented in the fonds of Municipal Archive of Perm, is examined according to local, national, and global discourse. Local history is projected on world history by contributions of individuals to art and science. Interaction of local and national aspects of culture within the framework of archival pedagogy events is studied on the material of Perm art book and from personal provenance fonds of artists S. R. Kovalev, E. V. Kamshilova, photographer M. I. Kusnetsov, and others. Professors of philology B. M. Proskurnin and N. S. Bochkareva display cooperation of regional and global components in their professional activity. Their personal provenance archival fonds may provide significant material for studying archival pedagogy. Components of regional culture became a basis of an intellectual quest game ‘Treasures and puzzles of Rasgulay,’ dedicated to the city founder, V. N. Tatischev. The article studies in great depth the 2017 event, dedicated to creative work of S. R. Kovalev, local graphic artist. There was an introductory lecture on problems of intermedia, an overview of personal provenance fonds of the archive, a presentation of the personal provenance fond of S. R. Kovalev, and then there was time for students' individual work with the files of the fond and for self-reflection, as students analyzed graphical reproductions and literary works of the artist.

Download the article: novokreshchennykh_novokreshchennykh_doi

Keywords

Archival pedagogy, regional culture, values, school, university, artist, intermedia.

References

BORISOV, A. A. Arkhivnaya pedagogika: novye podkhody [Archival pedagogy: New approaches. In Russ.]. IN: IV Forum arkhivistov Permskogo kraya: materialy i dokumenty. 30 noyabrya 2016 g. [IV Forum of the Perm Krai archivists: Materials and documents. November 30, 2016. In Russ.]. Perm, OOO ‘Izdatel'skii dom “Tipografiya kuptsa Tarasova”’ publ., 2016, pp. 78–87.

DZHUMAILO, O. A. Novye knigi ob ekfrasise [New books on ekphrasis. In Russ.]. IN: Praktiki i interpretatsii: zhurnal filologicheskikh, obrazovatel'nykh i kul'turnykh issledovanii. [Practices and interpretations: A journal of philology, pedagogical and cultural studies], 2016, vol. 1, issue 1, 225–234.

KAZARINOVA, N. V. “…i tol'ko dobro zhivet vechno!”: ob illyustratsiyakh S. Kovaleva k skazkam Starogo Sveta [‘And only the Good lives forever!’: About S. Kovalev's illustrations to the tales of the Old World. In Russ.]. IN: Yazyki regional'noi kul'tury: permskaya khudozhestvennaya kniga: kollektivnaya monografiya [BOCHKAREVA, N. S. (ed.). Languages of regional culture: Perm art book. Collective monograph. In Russ.]. Perm, Perm State University Press, 2011, pp. 56–61.

KIBITKINA, G. N., EVSTIGNEEV, E. A. Arkhiv i pedagogika: iz opyta sotrudnichestva ob"edinennogo gosudarstvennogo arkhiva Chelyabinskoi oblasti s obrazovatel'nymi uchrezhdeniyami [Archive and pedagogy: Experience of cooperation of the unified state archive of the Chelyabinsk region with educational institutions. In Russ.]. IN: Partiinye arkhivy. Proshloe i nastoyashchee, perspektivy razvitiya: materialy IV mezhregion. nauch.-prakt. konf. Perm', 11–12 maya 2017 g. [Party archives: Past, present, prospects: Materials of the IV interregional science-to-practice conference. Perm, May 11–12, 2017. In Russ.]. Ekaterinburg, OOO Tipografiya Al'fa-Print publ., 2017, pp. 76–79.

KUZOVLEVA, O. G. Arkhivy – shkole [Archives for school. In Russ.]. IN: IV Forum arkhivistov Permskogo kraya: materialy i dokumenty. 30 noyabrya 2016 g. [IV Forum of the Perm Krai archivists: Materials and documents. November 30, 2016. In Russ.]. Perm, OOO ‘Izdatel'skii dom “Tipografiya kuptsa Tarasova”’ publ., 2016, pp. 88–90.

NADYMOV, V. N. Arkhivnyi “metod” vospitaniya i obucheniya: opyt Komi-Permyatskogo okrgosarkhiva [The archival ‘method’ of education and training: Experience of the Komi-Permyak Regional State Archive. In Russ.]. IN: IV Forum arkhivistov Permskogo kraya: materialy i dokumenty. 30 noyabrya 2016 g. [IV Forum of the Perm Krai archivists: Materials and documents. November 30, 2016. In Russ.]. Perm, OOO ‘Izdatel'skii dom “Tipografiya kuptsa Tarasova”’ publ., 2016, pp. 91–96.

About authors

Novokreshchennykh Victor Vladimirovich, Municipal Archive of Perm, Director, Perm, Russian Federation, +7-982-433-01-22, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Novokreshchennykh Irina Alexandrovna, PhD in Philology, Perm State University, assistant professor, Perm, Russian Federation, +7-902-797-86-02, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Submitted 20.07.2017, published:

NOVOKRESHCHENNYKH V. V., NOVOKRESHCHENNYKH I. A. Arkhivnaya pedagogika v aspekte formirovaniya tsennostnykh orientirov podrastayushchego pokoleniya: shkoly i vuzy [Archival Pedagogy as regards forming value orientations of the younger ceneration: Schools and universities. In Russ.]. Vestnik arhivista / Herald of an Archivist, 2018, no. 1, pp. 285-293. doi 10.28995/2073-0101-2018-1-285-293

You can read completely article in the russian historic-archival magazine “The Herald of an Archivist”. Read more about terms of subscription here.

Полностью материал публикуется в российском историко-архивоведческом журнале ВЕСТНИК АРХИВИСТА. Ознакомьтесь с условиями подписки здесь.