NIKOLAI RОGOZIN: AN OFFICER OF THE DENIKIN`S ARMY IN SOVIET RUSSIA

Print PDF

УДК 929.52

PETIN D.I., Omsk, Russian Federation

NIKOLAI RОGOZIN: AN OFFICER OF THE DENIKIN`S ARMY IN SOVIET RUSSIA

Abstract

The article contains a historical and biographical research and attempts a case-study of the circumstances of the former white officers in Soviet Russia during its first years which is based on an individual fate. Its subject is the controversial fate of sotnik Nicholas Iosifovich Rogozin, of Kuban region, participant of the Civil War in the South of Russia, who ended up in Western Siberia. The study draws on unpublished sources collections from 1920s stored in the Historical Archive of the Omsk Region, the State Archive of the Yaroslavl Region and the Archive of the FSB of Russia Directorate for the Omsk Region. The source base of the research is service records, personnel record questionnaires, criminal case and prosecutor's observation case of N.I. Rogozin. The article also uses curriculum vitae and current records from personal file of ex–white officer N.I. Rogozin. A brief memoir of N.I. Rogozin on the Civil War in the Kuban region, which was written in Omsk in 1924, adds to the study. The publication is aimed at a large audience of scholars in the Russian military history, history of the Soviet society, history of the Soviet special services, and also practicing genealogists.

Download the article: petin_doi

Keywords

Civil War, white movement, officers, Workers' and Peasants' Red Army, soviet power, Kuban region, Yaroslavl, Omsk, genealogy.

References

1. Abynyakin R.M. Osobyj uchjot byvshih belyh oficerov v sovetskoj Rossii i SSSR v 1920–e gg. [Special registration of the ex–White officers in Soviet Russia and the Soviet Union in 1920s]. Uchjonye zapiski Orlovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Proceedings of the Orel State University]. Orel, 2010, vol. 3–1, рр. 66–75.

2. Borodina G.U. Dokument iz “spechrana” [A document from special repository]. Arhivnyj vestnik, 1998, no. 6, рр. 17–18.

3. Varzakov I.V. Byvshie belogvardejskie oficery v zerkale ankety Permskogo gubernskogo komissariata po voennym delam [The ex–White Guard officers as seen in the mirror of the Perm Provincial Commissariat for Military Affairs questionnaire]. Gribushinskie chtenija – 2011. Materialy VIII mezhregional'noj nauchno–prakticheskoj konferencii [Gribushin Readings – 2011. Materials of the 8th interregional science–to-practice conference]. Kungur, 2011, рр. 56–59.

4. Petin D.I., Konovalova N.A. Byvshie belye oficery v zerkale massovyh dokumentov pervyh let sovetskoj vlasti [Ex–White officers in the mirror of mass documents of the first years of Soviet power]. Grazhdanskaya vojna na vostoke Rossii: ob"ektivnyj vzglyad skvoz' dokumental'noe nasledie: materialy Vserossijskoj nauchno prakticheskoj konferencii (Omsk, 12–13 noyabrya 2014 goda) [Civil War in the East of Russia: An objective assessment based on documentary heritage: Proceedings of the all–Russian research–to–practice conference]. Omsk, Amfora publ., 2015, pp. 125–131.

5. Puchenkov A.S. Antibol'shevistskoe dvizhenie na Juge i Jugo–Zapade Rossii (nojabr' 1917 – janvar' 1919 gg.): Ideologija, politika, osnovy rezhima vlasti. Dissertacija na soiskanie uchenoj stepeni doktora istoricheskih nauk [Anti–Bolshevik movement in the South and the South–West of Russia (November 1917 – January 1919.): Ideology, foundations of the power structure: Dr. hist. sci. diss.]. St. Petersburg, 2014, 958 p.

About author

Petin Dmitrii Igorevich, PhD in History, associate professor of the national history department of the Omsk State Technical University, chief archivist of the Centre for Studying the Civil War History of the Historical Archive of the Omsk Region, +7-381-237-05-58, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

You can read completely article in the russian historic-archival magazine “The Herald of an Archivist”. Read more about terms of subscription here.

Полностью материал публикуется в российском историко-архивоведческом журнале ВЕСТНИК АРХИВИСТА. Ознакомьтесь с условиями подписки здесь.